Jump to navigation
Visiting Library Service Terms
- For the protection of the Visiting Library Service volunteer and the safety of Aurora Public Library’s client(s), under no circumstance are volunteers permitted to transport clients in a vehicle. If such an action occurs, the volunteer’s activity in this program will be terminated.
- Visiting Library Service volunteers must be covered by their own vehicle insurance in the amount of at least $1,000,000.00 when their volunteer activity involves the use of a vehicle.
- Volunteers are advised to inform their insurance company of their volunteer driving activity to ensure insurance protection.
- Volunteers are liable for their own parking tickets and/or fines that may occur as a result of performing their duties.
- Volunteers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any information that they may be exposed to while serving as a volunteer. Failure to maintain confidentiality may result in immediate termination of the volunteer.
- The Library reserves the right to terminate a relationship with a volunteer if the volunteer does not meet expectations of presenting a good image to the community or if the volunteer’s services are no longer required.
- For the protection of both volunteer and Aurora Public Library, signing the attached form to participate as a Visiting Library Service volunteer assumes adherence to the boundaries outlined above.