For well over 100 years, Aurora Public Library has been serving the changing needs of our community. Throughout its history, the Library has relied upon community support and it has always been there. Our community's needs are changing more rapidly than ever before. Your support has never been more important.
Give a gift to the Library
- Tax receipts will be issued for donations of $25 or more.
Remember the Library in your will
- Bequests of any value are most gratefully received by the Library and can result in tax advantages for the donor's estate.
- Donors considering a bequest are advised to seek independent legal and financial advice.
- Donations may be made in memory or recognition of a loved one, individuals or organization.
- The concerned family or organization will be notified and the donors will receive a tax receipt.
A donation form has been prepared for your convenience.
Donate books or other materials
New materials may be donated to the Library collections, including donations made in memory or recognition of a person or organization. A recognition plate is placed in the material.
Gently used materials also are accepted as gifts, provided that the material is in excellent condition and that the information is current, where applicable. We do not accept encyclopedia sets, textbooks, magazines or A/V materials, such as DVDs or CDs.
All such gifts are accepted on the understanding that the Library may use, sell or dispose of them. Donated materials are added to the Library's collections when appropriate. Materials not added to the collections are sold and help generate revenues for the Library or are given to other agencies.
Please note that due to COVID-19, we are not currently accepting donations of books or other materials.
Visiting Library Service
A Visiting Library Service volunteer at Aurora Public Library is responsible for the selection and delivery of library materials to customers who are unable to come to the facility themselves. Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and must have a valid APL membership card. Volunteers must have their own transportation and have flexible daytime hours. Two personal references and successful completion of a vulnerable sector screening are required. If you would like to volunteer, please complete this application.